Employees from outside the EU

From community-wiki
Revision as of 15:47, 3 March 2023 by Geza (talk | contribs) (added link to Alexey's guide)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

If you arrive from outside the EU zone, you have a set of bureaucratic steps to complete.

First, you have to apply for a resident permit. To proceed, you need to provide to the DIPC administration the following documents:

1) Copy of your passport (all pages),

2) Certificates of criminal record from all countries where you have lived in the last five years (legalized or apostille and translated).

3) A curriculum vitae.

4) A copy of your higher education diploma.

5) Summary of the research plan.

A descriptive report of the research project is required, whose minimum content must be: the object and justification of the research, research team, budget, work plan, and tasks to be carried out by the technician or scientist. This document needs to be in Spanish, so you can coordinate with your supervisor or group leader.

6) The administration will provide you with a form to fill out called the "Employee Personal Information Form". In this form, you do not need to provide either the "Spanish IBAN", "Period of residence in Spain this year", or the "telephone number".

You will get your work permit in paper form. Additionally, you will get a stamp on your passport that allows you to enter Spain. On this stamp there is a very important number called NIE, tax identification number for foreigners

Once you have obtained the the work permit by the Spanish embassy in your country, you are entitle to enter Spain for working reasons.

Alexy Nikitin has prepared this guide for non-EU students.